Friday, March 20, 2009

Lesson from Reno

That weak body lay down on the red-squared floor. So exhausted, I guess. He tried so hard to open up his eyes, but his energy was just dormant inside a broken heart. He was forgotten. From 8 to 8 he struggled, hoping to breathe love that he should have as a baby. That cute face I saw at the first time I fell in love with him changed into a helpless face. He was about to die.

That morning I woke up consciously. I heard loud voice outside of my room. It's my mother's voice, saying that my Bebi was dead. I did hope I was dreaming, but I started the day finding my dog has died. It was one day in Bandung, on the way back to Jakarta, I stopped at one interesting spot where people sold dogs. Amongst all, I fell in love with special one: a mixed of black and white cute dog. He starred at me and moved his tail fast. He winked at me and the connection turned into love at the first sight. I moved my hands to reach him and take him out of his kennel. Had his feet on the ground, he moved passionately, here and there, everywhere, and that was love.

Bebi was dead that morning.

It wasn't the first time. Since 15 years back, at least 5 dogs has died in my house. I outlived them all. Before Bebi was died, I had Goofy, a male small dog who's very energetic. He moved everywhere and bit anything alive in the house: mouse, cockroach, lizard, and... me. Thanks for that...! He was died when he ate chicken bone, something at the beginning I didn't know it was the cause of his death, in a lazy Saturday morning. I woke up in the morning after hearing my mother screaming, saying that Goofy couldn't breathe. When I saw him, he sat on the floor, hardly breathe and I really had no idea what happened to him. Somebody had poisoned him, I guess - exactly what happened to some previous dogs. At the first minutes I just tried to sit next to him and looked at his eyes. He starred back at me. Helpless eyes. If he could speak, he must be saying that he felt a pain inside his body. It was silent, what I could hear was only his fast breathe, tried getting oxygen as much as he could. Shortly I knew that he didn't get poisoned but got choked. He couldn't breathe and I could see his skin started changing its color into dark-blue, a sign of no oxygen in his blood. It must be so painful in his throat. He then lay down weakly on the floor. He couldn't still breathe. I felt like part of my body was cut by a knife and it was painful. Hoping that he would live longer, even just for a day, I put some water into his mouth and he started to breathe again. The bone was released. I thought I saved his life. But it was too late. I could still feel the warmth of his body when he was dead.

People come and go in life, just like train has to depart from station to another. Airplane always has schedule to take off. Boyfriend or girlfriend has to leave, many times, just for us to understand what love is, what real love is. Some still can feel how good parents' love but many felt it like an alien. Sun has to leave so people can feel how good a sleep under a moon is. It's destiny. People died and left beloved one. It is how the universe works. By this, we learn each day what the love is. We realize that someone has left us. Imagine how Benjamin Button felt when his friends had to go to heaven, one by one, while he was getting younger. It is mystery. It is destiny, and destiny has its own way to teach us.

Talking about dog, now I have new dogs, Reno -who I bought by myself and Keta -who just fell from heaven to my house with his hot sexy babe - but it turn out that his super girl had to leave because my mom didn't want to see any other hot woman in the house. Both of them are male; they play everyday, chew anything they see and they sleep together. Now you imagine how homosexual they are.



When I bought Reno, he was so attractive with all those fat he had! He was super active that he followed me anywhere I moved to. When I took him home, he was sick. And many times I had to bring him to the pet’s clinic. I thought he wasn't happy in the house, but I just didn't know why. If only he could say, "Fuck, I hate this crab food!", than that would be easier for me. And the worst was when one day in a morning, my Innova crushed him, press one of his feet with an Innova tire and it was the first time, after being sick many times, I thought he would die. He could hardly walk with that one foot. I knew how bad it felt: he was just 3 months old, still needed soft food, had been sick several times and got needle shot onto his body, and got crushed by 100-something-kgs-car. Once I ever decided to take his life away, couldn't imagine how painful it felt.

But he's still alive now. I'm lucky. He's lucky.

My Reno is big now. He's just like other normal dog; running here and there, chew anything when he's hungry, barking at people, and sleep. Today, when I was back from office, he jumped at me and felt so happy. How weak he was 6 months back, but how strong he is now. His passion to live has made him alive now. And there's something I can learn from him: if we want to stay alive, we just can. I believe it wasn't a coincidence that I met him: all God's creations are interdependent each other and there's one dot that our life is crossed: "Five people you meet in heaven" can describe what I mean.

I ended the night doing skipping and jogging with Reno and Keta, something I've been starting again since two weeks back. It's just good to play with them and doing sport at the same time. A lesson from a Reno: now you can imagine how humble I am, even a dog can really teach me how to live healthily.

Have a healthy life!


Bookmark and Share


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: