Friday, April 17, 2009

Life is a Series of Journey

Written on April 9, 2009, in Pudong International Airport after having a blast in 430 kmh Maglev train.

Now I'm in the airport again, heading to Beijing. I don't fell well, it's been 6 days I left Indonesia and I have been walking and exploring China a lot. My feet want to stop walking, but my mind just can't! Life in here is just too exciting to miss and having a passionate mind makes my physical limit increasing. As a result, yea, some parts of my feet were broken. It's painful but it's still good.

My three days in Shanghai was so great! Not only has it become new experiences for me, it's even better to meet people who always have open arms to help other people. When it's time to leave, I feel like I left part of my body in Shanghai. I feel blessed to have Rachid, Steve, Beibei and Kevin in my short stay there. I do hope our lives are crossed again someday somewhere in the world. And I really love that dark-brown hairy animal that slept with me every night! It made me warm.

Shanghai is a very sophisticated city. They sometimes call it with whore of the Orient, Paris of the East. It has a very long history when it was a center of trading back at 19 century, and you can see the modernity of it until now. From the beautiful French Concession at which I had a very nice day with Rachid and Beibei, an exciting night view at Old Town, a short trip to Pudong with its skyscraper forest, until the journey to the water town of Xitang where I spent a very lazy day alongside the river, I can say that Shanghai is overwhelmingly pretty. It's like you have a decent conversation with an up class woman walking on the street with LV in her hand and Chinese style necklace. I love it.


Now it's time to have a good sleep on the flight. Life is just a series of journey in order to discover who we are. In 6 days this pilgrimage will have an end for awhile.

谢谢 to Rachid, Steve, Beibei and Kevin!

Zaijian! 再见!


Bookmark and Share


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: