Monday, June 15, 2009

Every Journey Should Have an End

Sitting on seat 004, on April 14, 2009 in the train Beijing - Tianjin and singing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours"




"I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm
yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans
and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love
love

Listen to the music of the moment people dance and
sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved
loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It
cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is
short
This is our fate, I'm yours..."



I'm in the train departing from Beijing to Tianjin, enjoying my good time here. It's a very comfortable train. After putting my big backpack at the back of the train, I put myself on the seat, in the midst of Chinese people talking in their language. Now I'm feeling like I'm a stranger, but in two days I'll be home. I just love the feeling, for I will be meeting my closest people again and bring stories to tell. And every journey should have an end.




Looking back to 11 days I was in China, I got priceless lesson. From the sacred places I visited. From the people I met along the way. From the views I saw with my eyes. And from the journey itself. Just like "I'm Yours" said, we're just free if we look up at our calendar. It is us who decide what color to put on our calendar; not our boss nor our job. It's not other people who create our life path. And what we need to do is just discover what we really want to do in life, end in mind in Steven Covey's terminology, and just do it. If you want to do something, the time is now. Don't grow old with regret that you didn't do what you really wanted to do in life. Better say sorry than doing nothing. And it's a pilgrimage after all, when you're doing your dreams.

This is end of the trip that will leads to another starts and I just can't wait to see what best in life I would see in the coming years.

My last two days in Beijing was awesome. It was more relaxed days as I just want to spend days without any rush. And those two days were just as relax as my host, Aaron, an American guy who used to be a soldier, fisher, bartender and farmer. He is just a perfect host for my lazy days and he has everything you need as a great host. And the great thing is he tried and learnt many things in life, make it colorful. The conversation just flown easily, from the discussion about our life, politics, religion, dreams until our couchsurfing experience. He's just simply a blast!

Now it's time to leave.
Ciao!




Bookmark and Share



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: