Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Home of the Greatest Missionary in 20th Century

On my way back to Kuala Lumpur, I finish my trip with a visit to Mother Theresa's House in Kolkata; in where most of her missionary works done since the first time she committed to work for poors and unwanted until her death in 1997.

Here I am, enjoying the holiness of this place while thinking how great humans can be when they have unconditional love. Coming from Catholic family, practicing Catholic values and vowing her life to Jesus; she has been speaking universal language, which is giving unconditional love. In her definition of that such love, Mother Theresa has been working in almost of her entire life for poors, ill and unwanted people.


Mother Theresa was born in August 26, 1910 in Skopje, Macedonia with original name of Gonxha Agnes Bojaxhiu. She received the first call for religious life at the age of twelve. At the age of 18, she left home by ship for almost 2 months to India. Here, she did the missionary works by spreading the language of love to the world. From this small and poor place, the news of greatest love and richest masterpiece is received by the world.

She built houses for poors, hospital for sicks and heart for unwanted. What she did nonetheless was unconditional love. And it was for almost 60 years of her life.

Mother Theresa has received 700 awards during her service, including the Nobel Peace Award in 1979. When she received the award, she said, "I am unworthy to be here, it's all by the grace of God."

Mother Theresa died at the age of 87 in her room behind complication of heart disease, chest and back pain, recurrence pneumonia and malaria.

"I can't breathe. My work is done."

Needless to say, being in this small place yet big in heart and unconditional love is one of the key highlights during my travel in Kolkata.

Very recommended!


-- It is not enough for us to say, "I love God",
but I also have to love my neighbor.

-- We can do no great things, only small things
with great love

-- I prefer that you make mistakes in kindness than
that you work miracles in unkindness

-- How can we love God whom we do not see, if we do
not love our neighbors whom we see, whom we touch with whom we
live?


Bookmark and Share

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: